Twitter and Facebook

Wednesday 3 February 2016

Death Comes First by Hilary Bonner

(Book received from, and review written for, TripFiction.com)

Who Can You Trust?                                    My rating:  4 out of 5

Six months ago Joyce's husband died whilst out sailing.  Now she has received a letter from him, written before his death, which turns her life upside down.  He writes that she should take the children and run away from everything and everybody.   

After this dramatic start, the book follows Joyce as she tries to make sense of the letter, at a time when her family is still struggling with the grief of losing a father/husband.  As her distrust of everyone around her grows, more drama happens and things get worse and worse, until the police become involved - but can Joyce trust the police.   

This is a clever psychological thriller - not scary book.  The tension builds up slowly, and I became as intrigued as Joyce as to what was going on.  A page turner as the thrills and twists develop, and suddenly there is a whole new level of mystery and interest added.


This book is all about who can you trust, and whether you really know the people you think you can trust.   I thoroughly  enjoyed this book, and was drawn into Joyce's life and worries.  A great read; my first by this author.

2 comments:

  1. This review has made me want to read the book! Thanks for the Twitter follow :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it @TerryTyler4 - let me know. Thanks also for following me on Twitter :) @EmmabBooks

      Delete